Sunday, February 25, 2007
Some Finished, Some in Progress
So I finally finished the hat/booties set for Tamara...to be shipped tomorrow. The felting process was interesting but pretty neat to do. I ended up making the hat a bit small to be fully felted, so you can still sort of see stitches...I'm still happy with it though. In addition, I got a little obsessed with knitting this weekend. I was browsing some fiber blogs and found the pattern for a baby bib made of cotton that I liked. So I found a skein and went to it. I call it my 'acid baby bib'...I like the colors and I think T will too but it's a little bit wild (as you can see from the picture). No boring solid blues or pinks for me. (I think friends with children are breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't do one of THOSE for their children!).
Otherwise, I did work on some other art this weekend. I finished cutting out my gourd leaf bowl, sanded it, and started on the woodburning (no more pictures until it is done). Amazingly enough, nothing broke during the process so I may actually get a finished bowl yet!
I also decided to try another medium. Yet again, the influence of Sandy is coming through. She has been on me to try colored pencil so I sat and tried an easy picture this afternoon. I got the butterfly done as you can see, but I'm not finished the picture yet. I'll add some sort of flower to finish it off. Stay tuned for the finished product.
Now back to the world of work and data entry. Have a good week everyone!