Saturday, June 2, 2012

Changes

Dear friends,

I've been thinking a lot lately about blogging...why I blog and how that has changed over the years. In fact, I wasn't sure I even wanted to continue blogging.  I have enjoyed aspects of the blog world but at the same time, have been pretty frustrated with other aspects.  In particular, I've begun to feel like I'm blogging for other people rather than for myself and I'm not happy with that realization.  In addition, some folks have found my space that I'm not comfortable with, and I don't feel like this is home any more...like it is a 'safe' place to share. J and I are/will be making big changes over the next 5 -7 years and I want to share these things with those that are closest to me...but this space is not the place. 

I have finally realized that if I am to continue to have an online space, something needed to change.  So in the end, I've decided to close down this space and move to another.  I won't be doing a password protected site as I initially thought, but I will, at least for now, limit who I share the web address with.  This week, many of you will get an email directing you to where my online home now is... If you don't get one and would like to keep reading, please email me for the address (rachieraeATgmailDOTcom) (I may have inadvertently missed you from the list...and there are some of you I hope will follow me on this journey but I don't have an email address for you).  Or if following along with my knitting is your only interest, I will continue to post finished objects on Ravelry...and you can find me there (elkbiologist).

Sometime in the course of the next few months, I'll delete this blog in its entirety. 

Thanks to everyone who has visited this space over the years...


.  

No comments: